Monday 15 April 2013

The Holidays Are Over Baby


Yesterday was the first day back at school. I must admit I was quite pleased to see the bigger kids off. I was even happier to have a reasonably clean house too. The day before we had all spent an hour whipping the place into shape. It was My Beloved’s idea. Mine was to spend the day lying on my bed reading.

I can’t even say that I needed the rest because that morning My Beloved and I had managed to sleep in, have a coffee in bed and then sit down to a ‘concert’ organised and emceed by Little Miss. She even wrote out a program! If my camera would stop being so stubborn and connect via the USB cable, I’d have photos to go with this, so you'll just have to take my word for it. I also took video footage, though I was banned from sharing that.

Miss Thinker, Miss Independent, Mr Cheeky ( who I may soon start referring to as Mr Naughty if he keeps his current attitude up), Little Miss and even Littlest Miss had songs and a dance to preform, along with ‘speeches’ about how great My Beloved and I are as parents. Yes, they possible wanted brownie points but hey, I’ll take what I can get and so will My Beloved.
After the mornings entertainment My Beloved suggested to Big Miss and The Man Child that bacon and eggs would really top his morning ( fast becoming afternoon by that stage) off. I told them I’d love some chocolate. Neither request was granted and neither of us really minded. It must have been the ‘sleep in glow’ as we didn’t find anything to be a hassle and all was well with the world as far as My Beloved and I were concerned.

The next morning My Beloved left for three days to show backpackers from across the globe Fraser Island and I got ready to ‘meet’ him at the local store on his way past. The kids were all out of bed and dressed well before I managed to become fully awake and Little Miss managed to sleep in giving me a full hour from the bigger kids leaving til I had to leave and catch My Beloved on his way past. Naturally I spent that hour with a cup of coffee, well, two actually, and lounging on the lounge reading. Mr Cheeky always watches ABC4KIDS in the morning and since he’d eaten he was quite content to sit quietly killing off the odd brain cell and watch the ‘moving pictures’.

The day was relaxed and peaceful. The same can not be said for today. I had to force myself out of bed this morning. I’ve had to force myself to stay awake ever since. I have forty minuets until the bus brings the bigger kids home and aside from tidy the lounge room and tidy my room I have done nothing. The breakfast dishes are still next to the sink ( I know! Not even IN the sink yet! Winking smileHow terrible!!) and I don’t even want to think about the state of the girls rooms. I am chalking this day off to being a lazy so and so, but tomorrow, OOOOH tomorrow will be all systems go. The Holidays are over baby! I had better get started on those dishes.

How did your holidays go? Or have you only just started them? Let me know in the comments or visit Us on Facebook.

2 comments:

  1. The holidays officially started for me at 3.20pm last Friday. Dinner and poker with a special guy on Friday night....with a mad cleaning frenzy on Saturday. My Mother's impending arrival always sparks the frenzy, and with the end of term being extra busy, the house was a bomb site (your breakfast dishes sitting around for 6 hours was nothing like Mondays dinner dishes sitting in the sink on Thursday night). After 5 hours of dish washing, clothes washing, bench scrubbing, shower cleaning, food shopping, vacuuming and garbage removal, the house was tidy enough to allow company, but not what I would call 'clean'. Cooking corned beef for dinner included me blowing up the stove, so plan B (Chinese) was implemented. Sunday morning saw me up at about 7am having coffee with Mummy and spending the day relaxing. Monday was another 7am start with a day of dental xrays, shopping and lunch, and an 80km drive each way to get it done. Today (Tuesday) I was up at 7am again to go to work...ON THE HOLIDAYS!!!! Tomorrow will be another early morning, but by 9.30am the parents and the girl child will be gone and I can stay in my pj's for the day!!!
    Much work to be done in the hols, but tomorrow will be all about the pj's and watching everything I have recorded off the tv for the past two weeks
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So you will be looking forward to getting back to work by the sounds of it then? ;)

      Delete

Leave me a comment, don't be shy! Just be nice... I have feelings you know! ;)