Sunday 2 December 2012

Our Week In Pictures


1 I spent a rather sad amount of time trying to figure out how to add an image to some odd tiles I had. After brainstorming I stumbled on using gesso (an acrylic primer). To my utter shock it worked, not perfectly BUT it worked!!

2 Mr Cheeky and his sisters did a lot of drawing. Mr Cheeky decided to display his art work (the fridge was covered) in his room. I saw no harm in that, until he asked me to come and see how 'pretty' the room was. I walked up the hall and briefly noticed a zinc cream tube. I soon learnt why it was there, he had used it as 'blu tack' to decorate his sister's cot.

3 Our peach tree has been a great source of sustenance. The kids have been helping them selves to fruit all week.

4 After some discussion about entertaining yourself and Miss Independents constant cries of boredom I showed her how to make 'card castles' and it was a hit for most of the weekend.



1
 The size of the dining and lounge room was bugging me (has been since My Beloved built the walls to make an extra room) and when My Beloved left for Fraser Island I decided they had to go!!

2 The night the walls were due to be knocked down the girls and I had Maccas for dinner, Littlest Miss missed out as usual and as usual she was not impressed! We sat around the table talking about our day and we had some laughs at some of the things that were said.

3 Is the 'before' photo. The black wall was stripped of the family pics and I had long given up on painting the brown wall white to make it 'disappear'. Littlest Miss slept for a few hours that day and Mr Cheeky managed to not wake her up with his constant singing.

4 Little Miss was being cute all day.


1 The back side of the black wall. I took a million pictures of the knocking down process and it must be said I was excited, even the mess didn't bother me... then.

2 It was a hot day and my brother worked up a sweat. He had just finished a 26 hour stint on a fishing boat the day before and had come home from work an hour earlier, he is a good brother, I think I'll keep him!

3 the fine dust from the crushed bricks and mortar was everywhere and after day 1 I decided that I'd use dust covers the next day. I took me three hours to dust everything but the floors, walls and doors then I used most of the sheets in my hall cupboard to cover everything.

4 Dust, mess and excitement.


1 Day two saw my brother bring out the 'Big guns' and instead of using a hammer he used a hammer drill and I made him clean up the rubble!

2 Mr Cheeky, who thinks his Uncle is exceptionally cool had to be told to go away from the 'worksite' regularly through out the morning.

3 With the walls gone I realised just how much space we had again and just how much more tiling My Beloved still has to do! ( Something he noticed when he came home and he said it with a sigh)

4 I found this clock and I had to have it, of course it does not work, at present it is about three hours slow!!!


1
 My Beloved and I  got excited about buying the paint and cornicing required to start on the finishing touches... so we painted and painted and painted... the wall with the fruit salad plant stencil still is not finished...

2 LOOK AT ALL THE SPACE! :)

We used carpet squares to cover the untiled floor in the lounge room so we did not have to see the old painted concrete floors. ( The whole area will be tiled, but not before Xmas.)

4 It was 7pm when My Beloved and Miss Independent put the carpet squares down ( Miss Independent 'created'  the 'design'). It only took twenty minutes, they make a good team!


1 I found this old cast iron bed, with wheels and I bought it, only to discover that the rods that hold the base were missing... I am still working on that one but it should be easy enough. I hope.

2 The clock, again...

3 My Beloved earned himself a caramel tart, yes a very basic one, but I am not a dessert chef! ( Yes I cheated and used the canned caramel AND a pre maid tart shell - what?

4 I saw this sign at our local auto shop and I had to have it. The graphics and colour were what drew me to it, it was not until Biggest Miss questioned the message that I actually realised what it said. Ooops.



1 Littlest Miss was a very good girl all week considering we were very busy.

2 I was on top of the world going on (and on and on and on) about all the space we had since those walls were knocked down.

3 Mr Cheeky was his usual cheeky self. There were a MILLION pictures of him through out the week, however he was unfortunately naked in just about ALL of them.

4 We went to a B.B.Q on Friday night ( a well deserved break) and we had a great time Thanks TANIA!! ;)  She gave Little Miss a talking cookie jar ( can't imagine why she'd give it away as he has such a way with words...)

How was your week?

3 comments:

  1. What a cool week!! :) your such a do it yourselfer like me! Lol my week was boring! Set up a Christmas tree! :) can't wait to see pictures of yours!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Tex! Yes I love a bit of DYI!! As for the christmas tree we did not have one But we did have a 'christmas chimney' this year... long story!!

      Delete
    2. Errr make that DIY!! lol

      Delete

Leave me a comment, don't be shy! Just be nice... I have feelings you know! ;)