Sunday 26 August 2012

Changing Rooms

Last month I spent a weekend rearranging rooms. I also decided The elder two girls would share the biggest room. They have plenty of space but as Big Miss is 15 and has had her own room for many years she asked me if she could have the toy room as her own.The fact that it is separate from the house and no one can get into it have nothing to do with it I am sure!

I decided last night after culling my wardrobe that I really needed to do toys next and figured IF I got rid of two thirds of the toys then what was left would fit nicely and neatly in a single toy box for each of the younger five. With that in mind I realised Miss Independent and Miss Thinker (who have the smallest room) would have to swap with Mr Cheeky(3) and Littlest Miss (8 months).

So this afternoon I got the Man Child to take the bunk beds apart and set them up in the new room. He did but not until he shared with me his disgust at actually having to do it. ( It would seem the weekend at his Nan's house, being spoilt no doubt, had taken too much of a toll on him ;)


Now the cot side will have to stay up at all times!

The girls played outside and Littlest Miss kept me company in her cot. I turned around to find she had pulled herself up to a standing position! I naturally took a picture! I took a few actually. 

The wall behind Littlest Miss' cot needs a 'mural' just like Mr Cheeky's.
I just don't know what or what colours I will use.....


That is the wall. Half painted in a classic 'Emma' decorating style.


The boats, cars and planes 'mural' I painted using a stencil.

Everything is sorted in the room they share and after dinner I will start the on the bigger two girls room. Then I think shall go to sleep dreaming of the 'Big Toy Cull'. Spring must be just around the corner! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave me a comment, don't be shy! Just be nice... I have feelings you know! ;)