Tuesday 22 May 2012

It has been awhile. I have been a tad busy, but as I may have mentioned before I do have seven children so I shall be using that as an excuse ( quite often to I imagine) for the gap in posts. A lot has been going on in our world.

Since My Beloved has had the 'chop' and, as a result ended our future childbaring I have started to tell him how my 'future' husband and I shall have exceptionally wonderful and talented children, that he is no longer required and have had the pleasure of questioning his manhood. Something that sounds terribly unkind but luckily after nearly nineteen years he realises I am 'just joshing' and has yet to run off crying. ;p

My Biggest Miss suddenly became obsessed with cleaning other peoples houses and mowing their lawns. I was pretty chuffed until I realised she did not mean our house or our lawn, she meant 'payers', in this case a very tired Aunty pregnant with twins. I was then struck with the thought of how helpful she had turned out and mentally patted myself on the back... then I saw the add for the local show and it all suddenly fell into place. She earned a couple of hundred ( well NEARLY a couple) and she got me to buy new clothing for her and she spent three days away from home. Hanging out with freinds and enjoying the show. I can only assume she ate well. She came home on my 'birthday eve' with 2 presents for me. (She is a good girl.)

I discovered that The Man Child has started to become even more 'teenagerish' than before and even... gasp... thinks he can do what he likes (until mummy unpacks her angry eyes that is). I have also come to the realisation that I have failed miserably when it comes to the 'money appreciation' part of raring him. I sent him and his sister to the local doughnut establishment whilst shopping the other day with twenty dollars and the very simple request that he get some doughnuts for himself, myself, Biggest Miss and Mr cheeky. And added they could get a drink for themselves. ( He had change if it went a little over I thought to myself so twenty is enough). he took Biggest Miss with him and they returned with three doughnuts and two of the most expensive drinks on the menu. Naturally i was flabbergasted and as I handed over a ridiculous amount of money for my purchases I proceeded to, well admonish them both. The next day I gave him some more money to use for the weekend as he was going to a friends. He didnt go and came home with a little left. Turns out you can easily spend $50 on lunch at the TAFE canteen when you are a 'growing boy'.

My littlest sister and her twinnies are doing well, my brother and his fiancee to are going strong and my other brother and his wife have had their baby girl. I wont go into too much detail in this post. But suffice to say she did bloody well and JUST made it to the hospital in time. Little bubba is gorgeous and looks like her mumma. Dad has also recovered from the shock. When my sister in law informed me she was working on my birthday present I thought she meant something simple like a greeting card. A day after I became another year older neice number 8 came into the world. :)

On that same day ( and before I was aware of my sister in laws attempts at getting me the best birthday present ever) My Beloved and I started the long awaited tiling of our lounge room/kitchen/dining room floor. It is an on going process and not going as quickly as either of us had anticipated.  But more on that later....

 ooooh did I mention the washing machine has died? And Littlest Miss is KINDA sitting up, for short periods following longer periods of getting infuriated because she is not still in the upright seated position.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave me a comment, don't be shy! Just be nice... I have feelings you know! ;)