Tuesday 3 July 2012

Day Trippers!

We spent the day either floating on canoes, walking up bush tracks or driving up mountains,where I took what I hoped would be fantastic photos. However I only have an Ipod my other camera is dead. But if I have learnt one thing it is I am buying a new one as soon as we are back home. Which will be tomorrow night! It is freezing and I hate being cold.


I told My Beloved that I was on to him and his camping spot. He was highly offended!


 'Excuse me.' he said. 'I will have you know that I picked this spot because the kids are going to want to go canoeing a lot and there is no way on earth you would let them go down to the creek by themselves! Which means I will be kicked out of the camp ground from sun up to sun down so that they can!'







He is right there. But then he added ' Besides, I want to look out over the water, it is nice and if I want to look out at bush, I can do that at home!'






After the kids canoed themselves and dad up the 'billabong' about a million times I took them on a bush walk which was were the big log bridge put Mr Cheeky in his place. The boy has no fear and was constantly ready to do something dangerous! The log bridge freaked him out and calmed him down for the rest of the day. After we had eaten lunch. My Beloved suggested that we go to the rock pools and have a look around. We did.


But first My Beloved decided to take us up a track we had never been up before. My van is not 4wd and the signs said 4wd only. When I mentioned this to him he said 'This thing gets up our driveway all the time this is far better than our drive way. Where is your sense of adventure?'


'Way down there.' I said pointing to the bottom of the steep mountain we were driving up. he took a photo to prove what a sook I am. I was tempted not to add it, for obvious reasons. But fair is fair!


 See what I mean by needing to buy a new camera?
The scenery was so beautiful. Once I stopped freaking out about exactly where it was we were going.
The girls were having a ball too!
Finally we made it back down the mountain to the rock pools. It was so cold. But beautiful. We decided we would visit it again tomorrow early in the day.

After about fifteen minuets we had to go it was too damn cold!
His 7 Little Australians.

My 7 Little Australians!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave me a comment, don't be shy! Just be nice... I have feelings you know! ;)