Wednesday 4 July 2012

On The Rocks, Please.

Home again. Isn't it always nice to get home! I seem to be in a bit of a habit of posting every couple of days so I felt I had to again today. Though I am tired and never really know what I am going to ramble on with until I sit down with the laptop on my lap and a hot cup of coffee inches from my face. So I do hope this, the previous and all future posts actually DO make sense. I don't bother editing too much due to laziness and also because... no pretty much laziness really! 


We were happy to get home from our camping trip. The two nights we went were the coldest two nights this year, so we did not enjoy the 'nights' but the days were awesome. So much so that when we told the kids we were going home tonight they ALL, even the Man Child, who by the way was very anti camping in the bush at the beginning of our trip, begged to stay another night. I did consider it but was not looking forward to being cold and My Beloved even considered it. Then he remembered that it was the decider of the State of Origin. 


For those who do not know what that is read on. If you do not care then skip this paragraph. It is a game of NRL football NOT Aussie Rules, ewwwwwww. Queensland and New South Wales, two of Australia's 8 states, ACTUALLY two of those are technically 'territories'. Ok I am wandering of topic a bit aren't I? But Queenslander's and New South Welshmen LOVE to hate each other, sporting wise, not in a civil war kind of way. Queensland has won every year for six years. We have three matches and so far we are at a tie, so tonight is the night we find out who wins. Blah blah blah you get it now.


So back on topic. My Beloved said to the kids whilst they were holding their breath waiting for a yes answer ( dad is good at giving those) " No way kiddies! State of Origin tonight!"


The car filled with awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww's and one 'damn it' to which I replied 'Oi!' 


We were on our way back from the rock pools we had visited yesterday and everybody had really enjoyed the day. So the idea was to stay the night and go back again the next day. Instead My Beloved promised everyone a trip to the beach tomorrow to visit with their Aunty,Uncle, Nan and cousins. That made up for the not staying the night.


On the whole the camping trip was fantastic, relaxing and it was great to spend time as a family with out the distractions of day to day life. Bring on the summer!
We started out warm and dry.







Everyone loved to explore the rock pools jumping from rock to rock with quite a few slips and slides as a result!
Mum again telling everyone to be careful
Mummy and her 'little man' 
Miss Thinker and Mr Cheeky!
Daddy, the Man Child, Miss Independent

Daddy and Littlest Miss
The rock pools were beautiful as always and as always, or more to the point, since my camera died, my photos do not do any thing I photograph, justice.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave me a comment, don't be shy! Just be nice... I have feelings you know! ;)