Sunday 21 October 2012

A Week Away

Today was hot. Very hot. I complained most of the morning. I was sorting Miss Independent and Little Misses bags for their five day school camp trip. The girls all tried to help, but all they were really doing was getting me muddled up. I like to be left alone to concentrate I don’t NEED to be left alone, but it certainly does make it easier and quicker if I am!

The List

Toiletries – Tooth paste, tooth brush, soap,sun screen, insect repellent

Day Bag for outings

Sun Hat

Sleeping Bag & Pillow

Old shoes, good shoes and thongs

Socks

Water bottle

Raincoat

2 1Tea Towels

Swimming outfit

2Towels

Fishing Gear

7 Sets of day clothes

Jumper

Jeans

P.J’s

(I added plate,bowl, cup and cutlery to the list just to be sure.)

It seemed simple enough. Until I realised that I did not have a raincoat for either of the girls and decided to just ignore that bit of the list. ( I do hope it was for rain and not to ensure they do not get wet from the spray of the ocean…) I also decided that 2 tea towels was just asking too much and only packed 1 each… surely they can hang the things up to dry over the course of the day/night???

After asking the girls to get their shoes and socks and P.J’s I started grabbing clothes out of the washing basket that had been washed and dried the day before but not put away, and if I was to be really truthful, they wont be put away until tomorrow, at the earliest, my money is on Tuesday however. I decided after a lot of hassle that I was just going to stick a top, a bottom and a pair of undies in piles then roll them up, one for each day, and add a couple of extra undies for ‘just in case’ emergencies.

I managed to pack their school bags with everything they needed. The sleeping bag and pillow were placed in the ‘day bag’ and I threw in some plastic bags for wet stuff, I figure if they actually need that raincoat, they will need the bags.

With the bags packed and My Beloved awake, we decided a trip to the pool was in order and spent the rest of the day swimming and after we were ‘pruney’, eating fish and chips on the foreshore at Tin Can Bay we came home and had a B.B.Q dinner ‘Ala My Beloved’. While it was cooking I unpacked and repacked the bags, just to be sure I had not forgotten anything. I didn’t. 

Everyone is now asleep and I am starting to have second thoughts about this five day holiday they are having… it is on an Island and I am sure the staff would appreciate an extra ‘helper’, besides I am nervous about their first trip away from me. Five days is a long time and I don’t think I can take it!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave me a comment, don't be shy! Just be nice... I have feelings you know! ;)