Thursday 4 October 2012

The Splurge.

I have been on a 'shopping spree' the past three days... mainly food and other household items but today I decided to really splurge and spent 100 dollars on plants. Now people who know me know I take cuttings and that is how I get my gardens to grow. I  DO NOT BUY plants... puhleeease what a waste of money!

I bought 16 potted peace lilies and a heliconia and a red arum lily. I spent the middle of the day 'beautifying' my front verandah. After I had finished I just sat out in the outdoor lounge soaking up the tropical feel, knowing full well that by that time tomorrow it would probably be destroyed  The dog would have dragged a cushion out into the yard to chew on, there'd be My Little Ponies and stuffed toys littering the floor. Mr Cheeky would probably have thrown a pot plant or ten off the verandah  you know, the usual.

 I also bought 35 carpet squares at 2 bucks each and carpeted The Man Child's bedroom. That only took two hours but if I had of moved his furniture out to begin with I could have halved the time. But I honestly thought I could just move stuff as I went along. But then I also thought/think the movie Swept Away ( the Guy Richie version of an old classic whose name escapes me) was a really good romantic and funny movie... only Guy and I share that opinion, apparently.

After I had finished basking in the glow of my orderly and purrrrrty Verandah I decided to treat the kids to Macca's ( My Beloved and The Man Child went camping on Tuesday and I figured it would be a cool treat as I never drive 30 minutes for 'junk food... I make My Beloved do that... Pizza and Movie nights!) We came home at 7 and My Beloved and The Man Child were home. I made them look at the carpet, the verandah and then I dragged My Beloved from cupboard to cupboard showing him my organisation and shopping skills.


He pretended that the fact he had only just arrived home and had been 'living in the wild' for three days didn't dampen his excitement at all I had to show him and I was happy with that!

Welcome back to reality My Beloved! ;)






No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave me a comment, don't be shy! Just be nice... I have feelings you know! ;)