Monday 12 November 2012

The Boudoir

I have said to a few people lately that if you see a picture of our bedrooms then you can be sure that there was some tweaking ( a hell of a lot of tweaking when it comes to the bedrooms) I like to keep it real, but in a censored way. This post, for example will show you pictures of the spaces we call ‘our’ room. It does not look as nice for long, it slowly but surely descends into a chaotic mess with in a week or weekend ( which ever comes first).


I think I'll be doing up more of these collages they make our bedroom look as though it has some style about it!




What bought this on? You may be thinking. Well you know I am gonna tell you. I was going to buy a kingsize bed. But alas, I am no longer. It is very frigging depressing let me tell you! So after sulking for a little while I decided to make our room ( the sleeping quarters) into something I like. My Beloved may not like the male mannequin hanging from the brick wall he laid, using commons that I refused to let him render. Or, in fact the wig ( I have yet to put it away) I have hanging from the ‘bedhead’ made from an awesome room divider I found at a garage sale three years ago.


The 'Bedhead' is a room divider I bought for $80 dollars it is very heavy and the inside of each oval and diamond
 has a wrought iron 'flower'... I am going to put some fairy lights over it to add an real romantic feel for after dark...they can also double as a night light for the kids. We often wake up to at least one in bed with us.



So awesome the room divider/bedhead was to me, that in my rush to come home and collect it (we didn’t have a van then) with the trailer I completely ignored the fact that My Beloved was sleeping in that morning ( I promised) and drove up our driveway and behind the house towards our bedroom beeping the horn the whole way. Strangely he did not share my excitement and it took forever ( a whole cup of coffee kinda forever to get him to hook the trailer up) EVEN though I suggested he just ‘throw’ it on and I’d do the rest.


I LOVE this window, sadly when the girls were using this room the chocolate render has chipped away
 on the bottom of the wall but I have an ingenious plan for all the doorways and windows in our house
 ( An assortment of decorative and plain tiles to border and frame each doorway and window and hopefully
give off a Mexican 'vibe'.) So until then... I am also planning on planting the garden  back from the window
 getting a pathway laid between the two so we have a beautiful view AND privacy! Won't that be nice!!


He may not even like the way I have not put one masculine item in the room. But what he WILL love about it is that there is a clutter free space to pass out into unconsciousness after his night shifts each weekend.Well, this week end for sure I can't make any promises that the room will stay like that til next weekend.

You see, where the ‘sleeping quarters’ are is what used to be our back veranda. We Ahem, My Beloved knocked the sliding door out and with the help of my brothers, father and a one time ‘boyfriend’ of my sister’s they bricked it up and wallah! We had a sleep out. Eventually we made the sleep out into two rooms. What is our bedroom was originally going to be our office, then it was to be Littlest Misses room.


I love this mirror I 'scrapbooked' it and hang anything and everything I love on it.




It is as close to split level as we can get without going underground ( wouldn’t THAT be cool?) and that small little step down coupled with the fact we took the legs off the bed base to lower the bed makes the small space seem large and spacious, the ceiling to floor windows and the fact there are only three walls also help I will admit. But we will all just pretend that the lowering of the bed did it. OK?


3 of my favourite pictures.



Peace lillies are one of the plants that are said to purify the air, though they are in here because they look puuuuuurty!

Not long after we bricked in the veranda... Miss Thinker was 3 and Miss Independent was 4.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave me a comment, don't be shy! Just be nice... I have feelings you know! ;)