Friday 22 June 2012

Happy Birthday Mr Cheeky

Since  June last year when we had a birthday cake for Nana, Mr Cheeky has really loved the idea of Birthdays. Or as he calls them, Happy Burb-bee-toos.
He loves to sing Happy Burbbeetoo when ever there is a tea light candle or the fire lit and a blackout is his happy Burbbeetoo heaven (thankfully the storm season is over).


Last weekend we mentioned that he would soon be three and he took that to mean that it was his birthday. We drove into town so mum could catch up with friends and he asked several times if it was his birthday park. No. was always the answer. But he didn't seem to believe us. Naturally when we arrived at the 'Birthday Park' there was, of course, a birthday party in progress.




'My Burbbeetoo park' he literally screamed as he pushed through his sisters legs and ran to the undercover area... filled with balloons, streamers and people, lots of people he did not know. But still, somehow, he came back to us with a pink balloon.




As the week progressed he'd tell who ever he came into contact with one of two things. Either that it was his Burbbeetoo or that they were a doodlefart.  Something that has now become such a habit I ignore unless someone outside the family is so named. His siblings no longer laugh when he says it and he does not use it as an adjective quite as much. Just got to work on his use of the word as a noun.




Last night, as usual Mr cheeky was not, in any way interested in bedtime. And proceeded with his nightly cry (fake) to sleep. 


'Dont cry, Aidy.' Big Miss said to him. 'Go to sleep quickly so when you wake up in the morning it will be your Burbbeetoo.' Yes she said Burbbeetoo.


'Oh-kay-z' he said and promptly FELL ASLEEP!




In the morning (I had told My Beloved that I was sleeping in the night before) I woke to Mr Cheeky shrilly telling his sisters about his burbbeetoo trampoline,sandpit,swings,TV, kitchen and mum. (Everything was his BECAUSE it was his birthday- in his mind at least.)


We gave him his books and a Diego doll (he has too many Dora dolls) and a doona cover, though that last pressy was more for mum as he shares our room now and the colours are 'right'. He hugged and kissed his baby sister who was trapped in one of those walkers that do not actually walk anywhere just spin around a table. And shoved his books in her face. 


We went to Aldi to get some supplies for the school holidays and found the wooden rocket ship or the 'Blast off' for $49.90 as well as an inflatable birthday cake ring toss game. a whopping $11.90. We went to Hungry Jacks for lunch where his shrieks deafened many people. 
We got home and I started to make the rocket ship. It took a while and eventually I was done with 1 screw left over. I was pretty proud of myself I must say. My Beloved offered regularly to do it for me but I was going to do it! I did it.
It went together quite well (and would have been easy peasy if I had of actually looked at each of the picture instructions for more than ten seconds!) It is still firmly 'stuck together' even after Mr Cheeky picked it up and dropped it twice (He thought it was actually a functioning rocket ship.)


Mr Cheeky is three now and I can not believe how fast time flies! Happy Birthday Aidan! Mummy Loves you. xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave me a comment, don't be shy! Just be nice... I have feelings you know! ;)