Thursday 28 June 2012

All Dressed Up With Nowhere To Go

It seems to me that I should just stop 'planning' things. They never work out the way I imagine. Take today for example.Hot on the heels of getting a dryer and doing laundry 'Like a Boss' I got too cocky for my own good and decided that numbers 2,3 and 14 of my 15 Things To Do list were going to get done, today. My Beloved and the older five have been at the beach all day and are planning on camping the night with their nanna, cousins and aunt and uncle.


 The dryer was number 12 and I was certain that THIS time I would actually have a chance of completing that list... I mean lets face it there was nothing exceptionally difficult on it. So after everyone drove away I got myself, Mr Cheeky and Littlest Miss dressed up for town. Bugger it I thought I shall wear my earings and some bracelets and I shall even wear a pair of those heels! I decided on pinstriped pants and black 'singlet' type top with 'bling' around the neckline. 


The plan was simple.


Wear my jewelry.


Do my stock up shop (something I have been trying to achieve for two days now.)


Come home organise all kitchen cupboards and then spend the afternoon doing up a meal plan.


It did not happen. My car decided it was not going to start. No problem usually as I have a Jump Starter in the back. Our cars have always been, hmmmmmm how do I say this 'Battery-ly Challenged' - seriously how do you say that? But the Jump Starter was flat. WTF????


Naturally, as you do in these situations, I lost it big time.


'OMG I am sick of this beeping beep beep' Yes, I said bad words.


 But then I chilled out, because I figure these things do happen for a reason so I unpacked the kids and myself from the car. Went inside and turned the dryer on.

 Hey the novelty has not worn off yet... and the power bill has not come in either!  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave me a comment, don't be shy! Just be nice... I have feelings you know! ;)