Saturday 18 August 2012

Memory Makers

I was thinking today about My Beloved's car and how sad I got when I saw the state of it. Sad enough for me to tear up. It is after all JUST a car. But it has so many memories connected to it.The biggest one of all is of course is when I saw him drive past and I became aware of his existence... there are many others.


  • The way he looked in his Surf Club gear.
  • Driving into town for movies and Chinese food.
  •  Our first date. I had tonsillitis and after a few days on penicillin we learnt that I was allergic to it... the huge case of hives covering every part of my body except my face and hands was the 'tip off' .My father had to drive into town because it was the morning of our date and he had to buy me a dress with long sleeves because as I mentioned, I was covered in huge hives. The sleeves were lace and oh how they itched! The stockings I wore hid the blotches on my legs and I spent a great deal of the night scratching.
  • His sister and I driving him into the hospital when he had a hernia and a double twisted 'man' bit. How he hummed the Bonanza tune to take his mind off the pain of each bump in the road. How in the waiting room his sister and I heard the girl like shriek and laughed so hard because we knew it was him, just did not realise what the shriek meant. He was in Nambour Hospital getting bits removed the next day. Poor baby ;p (yes before we had kids)
  • Then there was the time my friend and I went into town with My Beloved and came out in my friend's then boyfriend's car. How the 'boys' decided to 'race' and the car I was in took off and I swear the speedo was at 200. (something to do with it being an ex cop car). We were yelling at him to slow down but he did not. We drove a fifteen minuet drive in about 7 minuets and it was the scariest 7 minuets of my life.
  • My little brother in laws christening and the lunch we had after came to mind.
  •  A friends funeral. 
  • The time My Beloved found ladies panties under the front seat ( not mine!) after some Q&A he was in the clear and now we laugh so hard when ever we talk about it.
  • The trips to the Drive in down the Gold Coast.
  • Days spent at the beach and playing pool after a meal.
  • Driving to Brisbane to meet My Beloved's mother and her family.
  •  The many trips back from Brisbane and the Gold Coast to visit families and the hot slow Christmas traffic.
  • The baby seat we put in the back after Mr Cheeky was born and when we drove him home for the first time. 
  • The first day of the Man Child's education. 

There are so many memories attached to the car. Every one has something that they are attached to, that has so many years of memories that make it special. What is yours?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave me a comment, don't be shy! Just be nice... I have feelings you know! ;)