Monday 27 August 2012

Our House Kinda IS In The Middle Of Our Street.

I decided to 'draw' a floor plan of our house to give you an idea of how 9 people could live comfortably in a 3 bedroom house, though it must be said our house is probably more the size of a five bedroom house. Hopefully it is confusing enough to stop any would be thieves from breaking in when we are on holiday.Though to be honest they really would be wasting their time and efforts! 

Floor plan... FOR NOW at least. The Blue 'things' are windows.
I am not a drafts man so I used the paint program and my limited knowledge of it to give you a rough idea. Nothing is to scale I must say. But I am sure you get the idea. OOOOOOh I forgot to put in the fireplace... oh well. 

My Beloved complains that too much space has been taken up with bedrooms but I think with the outdoor spaces, especially the backyard and the 'big deck', when they are completed will more than make up for most of the house being bedrooms. We spend, well the kids spend, more time outside than in and I think having your own space is very important especially when you have a large family. Everyone does. Even though I have them sharing there is still a space for each kid to call their own. It may not be the best use of the space available but it is roomy enough with out being small and boxy and not too big. OK Don't make me regret sharing this floor plan folks. Oh I have a big mean dog... and I am not afraid to use him! Consider yourself warned. :)


No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave me a comment, don't be shy! Just be nice... I have feelings you know! ;)