Thursday 16 August 2012

The Dining Area S.O.S

 The long benches are against the walls and can fit twelve kids on them both with a bit of elbow room as well! Notice how I never got around to finishing the gold 'things' I did to the 'holes' on the living area side of the walls ...  )

What our dining area looks like now... well before the kids ate dinner... the table cloth is not so cream now (the washing pile really never ends!)
A closer look at the 'holes'. Not everyone's cup of tea, I know so it is lucky they don't live here! (and the glass brick is sitting there until My Beloved can figure out where he is using them... he bought a few and is on the look out for a home for them. HOPEFULLY NOT THERE!!) 

I have to put a new table top on. I plan on making it myself, I have not even bothered to do more than look at clip lock flooring samples, as I am CONVINCED that they will work and look awesome as a top and the small nails I will use to keep it all in place will add the the look I am going for. I have the wood type in mind too, Tundra from Ikea is only $29.58 a pack I will need 3 packs, I imagine. I may even forget the 'painting bench seats' idea (I was thinking a bright colour or two) and just stain them mahogany and put the clip lock flooring on the tops...


My Beloved hates this table and will not lift a finger to help me in my new table top 'quest'. We have another table that he loves and at the moment it does look better than this one BUT it is square and does not leave too much room for the girls to walk to their rooms if people are sitting at the table. I am all about ease of movement and practicality whilst My Beloved is about the other dining table looks nicer. 

 Now he is not being a 'meanie' in his refusal to help. He is just delusional 'tis all', he thinks I will change my mind about which table I like. This comes from the 'There is always hope' school of thought. He also hates the wood colour I have in mind. (don't feel bad, even I wonder how we have managed to STAY married, with the amount of disagreeing that goes on around here - we must just LOOOOOOOVE each other ey? ;p) 

The mission this week is to actually decide what colour I am going the paint these walls (if at all) the brown and gold actually look much nicer and richer in reality so I don't want to paint them, unless I find a colour that really looks 'perfect'. Then I can figure out table tops and what I am going to do to the bench seats... oooooh first world problems ey?


In unrelated, but incredibly exciting news ( to me at least) the first parcel of the 27 I was/am expecting arrived to day! YAY!!! :) 
Wanna see it?



Don't ask what I have planned with this gorgeous item... I have not decided yet. But I am pretty sure Miss Independents wardrobe is in for a 'revamp'.

2 comments:

  1. When I saw the photo up the top I thought it was all finished. If that's before I'm really looking forward to the after shot.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! :) I have decided the chocolate walls are staying. And am off into town next week to buy the 'wood' for the top. The paint and cushions are not in the budget however, so it will be a week or two before there is an after shot.

      Delete

Leave me a comment, don't be shy! Just be nice... I have feelings you know! ;)