Thursday 30 August 2012

You Never Miss Your Water Till You're Dry.


If only doing the washing was as awesome as this picture makes it look. I particularly love that really helpful and sweet boy... Mr Cheeky and I do not make such an awesome team... maybe it is because I don't wear an apron... despite owning several.

In between 'shooting' into town to pick up my parcel and walking down my rather long driveway twice to see if any more parcels arrived I washed clothes and sorted through the boxes in the hall cupboards. I also sorted through the many boxes of clothes in storage for the kids to grow into. I decided to pull the summer stuff out and cull the winter items before they went back into storage. I washed a LOT of clothes today and I was quite happy with the progress I had made too.

 Happy that is, until I turned the tap on to wash the surprisingly small sink of dishes that had accumulated during the day. I turned it on but nothing came out. OK I thought to myself, maybe the pump has switched off. I checked. It was fine. I walked over to our tank to check the water level. It has not rained here for quite a while and since my front loading washing machine had broken and I was talked into a top loader ( though it does work better for us, we were NEVER out of water when we used a front loader) so the chances of an empty tank were high.

I tapped the tank at shoulder height, yep a hollow sound echoed back. I tapped it again at knee height, more of that hollow echo could be heard. I tapped it again down as low as I could and yes we are definitely out of water! As is always the case My Beloved is never EVER home when the S.H.T.F around here. So he missed my little 'tanty dance' . I still have not rung him to let him know yet either as aside from stress there is nothing he can do!  I called the water delivery man. Turns out he is busy for TWO DAYS!!! ARGHHHHH. Looks like we shall visit with family tonight and tomorrow night for hygiene sake. Lucky mummy lives just down the road isn't it?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave me a comment, don't be shy! Just be nice... I have feelings you know! ;)