Wednesday 21 March 2012

Missed Opportunity

It is 4:33am on a Thursday morning and I am awake. It is nice and quiet but I wish I hadn't collapsed into bed so early last night. Not because I am awake so early. But because I missed that opportunity to be awake with NO-ONE harassing me.


Let me explain. My Beloved is still taking a group of backpackers on a three day Fraser Island camping trip. (He is great with all things camping in a kind of Alby Mangles way.) My four big girls are sleeping over at my mums, towards the end of last year it became a bit of a routine where most Thursdays they would get off the bus and spend the night).



Mr Cheeky and Littlest Miss went to sleep by 6:00.(In the case of Mr Cheeky a wondrous miracle, probably never to occur again) Which just left my Man Child, who was quietly taking apart a speaker system from what I hope wasn't a working item when I saw him last which was at 7 maybe 7:30pm last night.


It has occurred to me that by falling asleep so early I missed at least five hours of quiet time,catch up on washing time (this rain is killing me) of reading time,of personal beautifying time (looooooong over due)  of doing any number of the millions of things a woman/mother/human being has to do.


I could have done some baking,craft,writing,rearranging hell, even some exercise... O.K so that ones pushing it, but you know what I mean.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave me a comment, don't be shy! Just be nice... I have feelings you know! ;)