Wednesday 28 March 2012

Careful what you wish for... you just might get it!

So a strange thing occurred tonight. I managed to have a soak in the tub without any harassment... kind of made the whole thing boring really.

 I mean how do people sit in a tub and wash their hair relax, with a 'conditioning pack' (conditioner running down their face and into their eyes) whilst they contemplate the day and the one coming? Without asking small children to get out or without having to shout over the sound of the latest Disney Channel's singing sensations TV show, to shut the bloody door after someone has finally cottoned on to the fact that they really do mean get out and it is not actually 'Mother' for stay and ask questions please!

My Beloved's mother called it her 'holiday'. Every night she would relax in her bath with candles flickering and I assume lights off for half an hour. When ever her kids would come to the door she would simply say 'Mummy's on holidays' and then relax back into the warm water and bubbles. Sounds perfect doesn't it?

I have discovered that in my house at least ,the IDEA of a relaxing bath is actually far more wondrous when you don't get one! It was so alien to me that I felt naked, well, you know what I mean.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave me a comment, don't be shy! Just be nice... I have feelings you know! ;)