Tuesday 20 March 2012

Our love story is my favorite

Our Love Story


 It started 18 years ago. The short story goes exactly like this:


Love at first sight, We both decided we were meant for each other before we had even met.


We saw each other about two years before we REALLY saw each other.  He was fixing his car at the local store, I was prank calling some one at the public phone box. (Kids if you are reading this ignore that bit OK!)  


He remembers this because I was busted as a prank caller and had loudly defended myself to the poor harassed individual. I was with two friends and I do remember seeing two 'guys' leaning under the hood of a car. But not much else.


TWO YEARS LATER


HIS Version: I was working on my car (yes,he did that a lot) and I looked up and saw you and your friend walking up the road. You looked like what I imagined my 'wife' would look like when I was a kid.You had those sexy pink shorts on (don't worry it is G rated) and I thought I would marry you. Well that and other things.


MY Version: I was working in my mothers salon and happened to look out the window as he drove past in his Rambler Matador X (read big red yank tank) all I saw of him was his side profile as he drove past. I thought I am going to marry him. I didn't know where he lived or who he was but I was certain of it.


I then, as you do decided to find out who he was, where he lived and 'make him mine'. I soon learnt that I went to school with his sister and to make things even more exciting he lived literally two houses up from mine (1/2 a km maybe even less) 


SEE GORGEOUS!!!
I made friends with his sister shortly after, now I must clarify that his sister would have been my friend anyway had I have spoken to her before seeing him. I just happen to be the sort of person who does not start talking to people willy nilly, yes even people i live two doors down from and am on a school bus with for at least and hour and a half every weekday. Take from that what you will.


Naturally I visited her often. She is great fun and we had a great time but there was of course an added benefit. Her brother was freaking GORGEOUS and I was on a mission... eventually we were 'going out' and were both very happy about that. By September of that year he had told me he loved me THEN I told him I loved him too (I mean you don't just go in there declaring your love to people left, right and centre now do you.)


A year had passed and I found out I was pregnant. Quite dramatic for me at the time but he was excited about it and after being given the option to run screaming in the opposite direction he decided he was not( as i told him  'I am keeping my baaaaaaybeeeeee') and we decided to move to Brisbane, well I decided we were moving to Brisbane. 


I'll save the rest of that story for later. After ten years together living in sin with our 3 'bastard' children (again kids if you're reading this you know I mean born out of wedlock ) we married and had our honeymoon baby Alannah nine months four days later give or take a day or two. Followed buy 3 more 'legitimate' children. 




** Updated 26th June 2010 **
We still have not had a Honeymoon and one day we plan too. But until then we will continue as we always have, loving each other like crazy (with odd moments of me wishing I hadn't decided to 'hunt him down' and he wishing he didn't admire my pink shorts so much).























No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave me a comment, don't be shy! Just be nice... I have feelings you know! ;)