Saturday 24 March 2012

Sorting out the lounge/dining Part 1

We are still building our house. And we will still be building it when Big Miss and the Man Child leave home (which if they are like their parents really is gonna happen very soon).We will still be building when they try to ship us off to an old peoples home too I'd say. 


The offending Wall
There is always something else to do. From simple things like a new paint colour to the larger knock down/build up a wall or two. And when you can do it yourself it isn't a 'yeah if only we could' it is a 'yeah if only we can agree'.


 I have my ideas of what looks good and My Beloved does too. Only once has his idea gained my full approval and the rest of the time he does it anyway, it is his house too I guess, and later whether months or weeks later it is knocked down or painted over.
Notice the cornicing? The floor
is still waiting for tiles... wont be
long though.

This wall for example MUST go. I have half painted it white... Yes half. But have since decided it has to go. I can not fit my big 3 seater and 2 seater lounges and my big table in the space left over because of it. It also hides the fire place and another door which lets in soooo much morning light. 


Trouble is though My Beloved thinks it is a 'good' spot for it.So I have to argue with him OR just buy the tiles for the floor so that he HAS to knock it down (see the trick is to make it seem like it is his idea) and I know once the tiles are here that wall will come down so fast it will surprise even me.


And HOPEFULLY we wont, once the tiles are down build anymore walls in the vicinity of the lounge/dining again... but you never can say never around here!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave me a comment, don't be shy! Just be nice... I have feelings you know! ;)