Sunday 12 May 2013

Blog eveyday in May #13 A Public Apology

I am not one for issuing public apologies, I'd rather just express my remorse to the person affected. So this one is a little difficult. I decided instead to try to be slightly humorous and apologise to my husband for all the comments of how amazing I am.

Darling
          I am sorry that when we are out working with sand, cement, hoses and mixers, burrows and shovel and spade that people stop to marvel at the 'lady over there'. You know the one who is putting all the mixes in and pushing the wheelbarrow ( unless it is up a hill or really really full), who is running back and forward mixing up the colour and getting sprayed with droplets of black, terracotta or red oxide, whose hair is all over the place and whose face looks like someone has had a fit trying to apply camo face paint.

I am sorry everyone comments on how amazing that is. I am sorry that after telling them how many children we have they go on with such awe about it, that you feel the need to say "I have 6 (at the time) kids too!". I am sorry that on that really, really, really hot day the owner of the house brought an umbrella over and stood next to me with it to shade me. Bahahahahaha do you remember that? It was so funny! After thanking him and assuring him I was OK you said " Bring that over here if you like, I am fairer than she is and turning red.".

I am sorry that on my facebook page I dont take photos of messy stuff, but take photos of stuff I have just completed. I am sorry that you think  people assume our house is awesome, everywhere... though I am pretty sure they do not. I am sorry I took a picture of our kitchen sink, with the dished piled up, promising I'd post that one, just for you and I didn't. I am sorry that friend of ours gave you a lecture about how great I am when you had a whine about my bitching the other week. Even though if we were being truthful she is a good judge of who is being the dick. She has known us since the beginning and says it straight. I am just lucky I was being awesome most of this time.

I am sorry that when I come home from somewhere without him Mr Cheeky runs up and says " Oh Mummy I missed you so, so much!" but that when you come home he says " Hello, Doodlebum."  It is actually your fault. You laugh at him. I am sorry that people that say I am awesome, don't get to see me in the mornings, before my coffee and someone asks me to think. I am sorry that on the odd occasion people do get to see me wake up I have actually been left alone to wake up properly and I don't turn into an awesome bitch.

But we both know you think I am awesome, so I don't see what the big deal is! Oh I get it... you want people to say you're awesome too. I'll do it. I am sorry that people do not realise how hard you work how awesome your clients/customers in the taxi's, for our business and the tourists think you are. I am sorry people do not realise what an awesome father you are. I am sorry people don't get told how much of an awesome husband you are ( even though you can be an awesome pain in the arse too).

I am sorry that when you go away to work our bedroom is usually in a different room or has been rearranged. I am sorry that when you have been away and come home I have new and even more awesome than the last plans for us to do to the house. I am sorry that I actually let you know when you do something dumb I should just shut my mouth, right? ;) hehehehehe I am sorry that they do not make a national Adam is Awesome Day... they really should, shouldn't they!

Well, that will do. love your remorseful wife xx

2 comments:

  1. I love this letter so much and I love your sense of humor :) It's so refreshing to read funny, true things that celebrate life's little imperfections :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. I love that you notice my sense of humour, because sometimes, I'll be honest I crack myself up! ;) Our life is full of imperfections but those imperfections are the things that make good memories, mostly. :)

      Delete

Leave me a comment, don't be shy! Just be nice... I have feelings you know! ;)