Sunday 12 May 2013

Love Letter


I have always wanted to leave the kids little notes. I saw the idea somewhere, years and years ago and thought how wonderful it was. I have  written a few letters over the years to the kids with the intention of when I die they get to read them then. I don’t know why, it just seems like something I think I’d like. If they do something amazing or not so amazing and they get in trouble I'll sit down and write them a letter it usually starts with do you remember when *this* happened?  It always ends up being a long letter a mix of I love you and this is why I said/did/think this, etc etc. But I never get to actually leave notes (well maybe a handful of times) for the kids.

So tonight after they went to bed and just before I did  I wrote the older five a note each. Just a four line note telling them that I loved them and thanking them for my Mothers Day presents. They all get up before the sun and before me and My Beloved (tomorrow at least as he is sick and does not have to work) so I placed them on the dining table, where they will find them they can have an I love you message before I am awake. If not I'll pop them in their lunch boxes as a surprise (or embarrassment for the Man Child, possibly) at school.


DSCF5796
My letter writing set,  and flowers just some of my Mother's Day gifts from the kids.
 My Love Letter in an envelope waiting for the kids to find and read tomorrow morning.


I’ll do it more often I think. It doesn’t take that long to do and it is the little things that count. Sometimes the little things mean so much and I am hoping this will be one of those things.

Night

2 comments:

  1. this is a fantastic idea! Man child be better not embarrassed about the love note *shakes fist*. Are all names starting with an A...*squints really hard at envelopes*

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is a great idea isn't it? yes he had better not be! Actually he wrote me a note back saying he didn't want my love he wanted me to make his lunch, all in good humour of course,( I got my mothers day sleep in today instead of yesterday ) he had to do it. poor diddums. ;) Yes all our kids start with A there is also and Ava and Aidan.

      Delete

Leave me a comment, don't be shy! Just be nice... I have feelings you know! ;)