Monday 27 May 2013

The New Adventure

My Beloved has been thinking and talking about starting a new business in the Tourist Industry. You see we began our concrete garden edging Business ‘Kerbs’ when we came back from Western Australia it was flourishing and doing well, then I got pregnant with Mr Cheeky and Littlest Miss. I couldn't work any more and you do need 2 people to do a good job. So for two years nothing happened as we stopped advertising . My Beloved asked a taxi driver one day whilst he was out how hard it was to become a driver and then he set about doing what needed to be done.

Around the same time he also approached a tour company  about a job doing ‘Tag-a-long’ tours of Fraser Island and he got a job doing that three days a week. Because he loves the beach, camping, fishing and meeting new people it was perfect for him. He’d wave goodbye Sunday night and be home by 8 the following Wednesday night. But there were things he’d do differently he said. He’d focus more on the spots the locals knew and loved and less on the tourist stops. He’d also personalise it more. So he asked me to start working out a website and find out what he needed to do to get into that industry. Like the awesome wife I am I have been doing it for him and it seems that the right time to take slightly bigger baby steps is now…. Wish us luck!


I have added a link to our Kerbs Facebook page so feel free to ‘like’ it for us. As we will still continue to carry out  that business  as well with the Man Child helping his father, instead of me. Until Littlest Miss is in school of course, luckily for me that is still four years away. Phew!!

While you're liking things you can checkout the Facebook page if you have not already. My7LittleAustralians   but ONLY if you want too. If you scroll to the bottom of the homepage here on the blog you'll find a Pintrest widget that I added yesterday it can take you to the Pintrest boards I have up. If your into that sort of thing!  I am considering myself a computer genius as a result ;)  Actually it is all thanks to Code It Pretty  a great blog that explains in really easy language how to use code and CSS in your blogs websites etc.

4 comments:

  1. FANTASTIC! Good luck with this. You guys will rock it :) You already know all about the logistics of moving lots of people around ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Piece of cake! ;) Adam tells me that he will be targeting towards backpackers to begin with but will be definitely letting large families know that he can cater for them as well. Camping and little kids is awesome fun ( or so he keeps telling me! ;) )

      Delete
  2. that is great! I think loads of people would love having a more individualised journey and i would always want to avoid touristy spots. All the best with it :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! We think the same thing about the touristy bits. There are some great spots that are 'better', well we think so. :)

      Delete

Leave me a comment, don't be shy! Just be nice... I have feelings you know! ;)