Saturday 21 April 2012

Need to Sleep More and Craft Less.

The crafty bug has struck once again. I am actually concerned at how 'craft obsessed' I have become. After really not caring AT ALL for two years or so about anything craft or D.I.Y related I seem to have turned into a  Insomniac Crafter. Insomniac is very fitting, Crafter? Well aside from probably not even being a real word I am not even sure that what I have been doing falls in the craft category.

 I have started and have nearly completed my version of an Aboriginal style dot painting. I am quite pleased with it. Though I am no artist.I also have an old water fountain, the rectangular type that you'd find in a hospital,oh about 20 years ago that I am fixing up. WELL that is not entirely true. My Father in Law will be doing any fixing up that involves skill. But I will certainly share the credit. 


The Cupboard, Door & Sign.
Then there is my 'First Aid Center' which really is just a cupboard. But because I found an old metal sign that says 'first aid' I figure sticking it to the cupboard door, which came from an old kitchen dresser of my Grandfather's and attaching that to a cupboard My Beloved's Father made for his bathroom qualifies it being called a center. ( Don't ask me how, thats just how my mind seems to work) I even went to the extreme of mixing the paints, specifically Rose Madder, Burnt Sienna &Cadmium Yellow to make a lovely Red... the only real problem with that is i cant mix the same colour again and it kinda needs a third coat... I should have used the roller.
            
 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave me a comment, don't be shy! Just be nice... I have feelings you know! ;)