Thursday 26 April 2012

Oh Mr Sandman. Bring Me a Dream.

Mr Cheeky went to bed early last night. 6.30pm, a miracle. I put him in bed as he fell asleep sitting in Littlest Misses's walker (don't ask). Everyone was informed that any noise would now no longer be tolerated. He had not had an afternoon sleep and if he was woken than that would be it. He would be up all night. He has never been one for too much sleep. Not like his mummy she loves sleep. But he could always be relied upon to sleep though the night. Well, not anymore. Not if My Beloved is to be believed.


My Beloved informed me in each of the seven phone calls we made to each other last night, that when he had finished his taxi shift (about 2am) he wanted some lamb roast left in the warmer for him. 'No dramas,' I assured him. At 11.30 I called it a night. I decided I would sleep on the couch as My Beloved was going to eat the left over roast and watch a movie. It was our Wedding anniversary after all. 9 years married and no present for each other. I didn't get him one because I say that September 13 is our real anniversary because it is 19 years we have been 'married', though not technically. And he didn't get me one because he has death wish.


When My Beloved came home. He came home to see My Cheeky sitting on the dining table colouring in (forms for the high school) and drinking milk. Littlest Miss and I asleep , and if truth be told snoring on the couch. 


'What ya doing mate?' he said to a wide awake 3 year old.


'Hi dad. I draw.'


I woke up at 3.00am to see them both on the couch, a blanket over them and a plate of roast each watching American Chopper. After asking why 'He' was a wake and was told about dads welcome home. I realised...  That dream I had about Mr Cheeky playing with his toys, loudly in his room earlier that night. Was not a dream. I also realised 6.30 isn't a good time for Mr Cheeky to go to bed and he doesn't always sleep though the night!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave me a comment, don't be shy! Just be nice... I have feelings you know! ;)