Tuesday 10 April 2012

We Got A Biter!!

As you may have picked up from previous posts I am not one for delusion about my children, my husband and hopefully myself. Thats not to say I will share everything on this blog but I will try damn hard not to gloss over stuff so this little post is about my DARLING little boy and the fact that he has started the biting stage.


Mr Cheeky has started to push. He wants to see how far he can go. He can go a lot further along the naughty scales than his older siblings ever could! But now he is nearly three and he has started the 'tantrums'. Like a Masai Warrior he jumps up and down on the spot, he shrieks  or runs up to you throwing himself at you crying to make sure you really understand that he is not happy with the situation.


It isn't his fault. It is 100% mine. Because I have let him get away with it. I knew this day would come when I would just say to myself... 'You know what? This ain't so cute anymore, enough is enough.' 


It isn't for my sake either. It is for his. If we were going to go by what was better for me I'd choose the easy route, you know the one where you just give them the thing they are screaming for/about want, to shut them up for a bit of peace.


 Now you can kid yourself all you want, but your not actually doing them any favours at all. Your setting them up for a bitter disappointment when they start to interact with the real world and they find out just how much people actually care about what they want. Sorry, that should have read how much people don't care.


 People often miss how lovely and sweet your child actually is because they have witnessed a shit fit or a little wobbly and who really wants people thinking badly of their kids??? So I am choosing to save him (and me) the heartache of realising no one wants to play with him because he is a brat.


So last night it happened, he bit another kid. Yes she was his cousin and Yes she is three years older than him and Yes they were fighting but NO biting is NOT ACCEPTABLE. Full stop. End of sentence!


I hope it was a one off. I really think it will be, so now is definitely the time to get on to him and CONSISTENTLY expect good behaviour. It can be hard sometimes as you feel mean. But if i am consistent he will stop pushing, he will know what is acceptable and more importantly what isn't. 


OH the joys of children! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave me a comment, don't be shy! Just be nice... I have feelings you know! ;)